When his mother had taken her own life, Lucian became an orphan at the age of six. Before he could become a young criminal, he was taken in an orphanage where he would suffer a worse fate than death. The grueling torture of the very nun who was supposed to look after him drove him to the point of apathy. He thought he had seen the worst of it until the nun revealed her true identity. If you've read ARK The Bane Of Spectres, this is Lucian before he met Marcus Vigil and the events took place before the story of Irina.
113. The Pair of Death I woke up with no pain in my system. At last, the healing runes in this holding chamber had done their job. It was the first time I was able to clear my mind. Thanks and no thanks to the beating Cyrene gave me. The third and final day of the Trials is today. We were not through the worst yet. Of more than a hundred recruits, only twelve had managed to advanc...
112. Yield Ravaged trees, plants, and vines lay on the mucky ground. Each strike the opponent delivered had the power of a bear's claw. If it could cull trees in one swing, I couldn't afford to get hit. Those claws weren't just there for design. "What happened to your will to kill?" she asked, peering through a tree branch. CRACK!! With one huge swing, another tree was...
111. Are You Prepared to Die? Entering the door that led to the training grounds felt like entering a different dimension. Well, technically it's a different dimension, and entering one that's created by magic wasn't new to me. Except, this was the first time I was seeing something on this scale with great details. "This is… a jungle," I said out loud. Literally. The place w...
110. Trial of the Lord The night before, I had slept with a painful and dizzy head. Sleeping was supposed to cure it. But even in my dreams, Olivia’s confession kept ringing in my upside-down head. I woke up with a worse feeling. “The moment I saw you… I think I fell in love with you.” Like a broken record, her words kept playing in my head. Her confession...
109. Olivia's Confession My head was still spinning. There were just too many revelations today that my mind in discord could not begin to process. I thought seeing a familiar face, Siegfried Keymer's, would put me at ease to help me meditate and recover my spirit. "Lord Archknight…" I mindlessly uttered. I still had no idea what that meant. "Not yet," Olivia replied. "He was...
108. Future Lord Archknight Hearing nothing but that damn clock again and my heartbeat, I almost wished the night would pass in a flash. Tomorrow will be the second phase of the Trials. The combat phase. I was supposed to clear my mind and recover my spirit energy but it proved to be a lot more difficult to do. "This place has no use at all," I uttered, feeling that I barely recovered ...
Picks For You
The Lv 0 Veteran Rytíř 5.2K views
Hot and Cold Wizardsboss 9.3K views
If The Crown Fits Kiraran 7.2K views
Dirty Little Secret Lillith Mykals Kennedy 5.2K views
Lockers Orphanage NelBautista 7.0K views
Aurora and The Heart of Magic Apratyashita Thakur 7.8K views
Download POPINK to comments
Finally found the prequel and with Lucian, this story is surely 😍
2021-09-12 18:00:02 2
A fascinating read. It keeps getting better and better 😍😍
2021-09-01 09:22:47 10